Diet food that actually tastes good and satisfies that sweet tooth… Didn’t think it was possible? I didn’t either. I was a little skeptical when I came across these cookies floating around Pinterest. It substitutes butter and oil for plain nonfat greek yogurt. They can be a pain to make, but they are SO SO worth it! And only 3 ingredients to boot.
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix. (Stick with chocolate, trust me. I tried white cake mix because I was too lazy to go to the store and it wasn’t nearly as good!)
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips. (Or whatever flavor you prefer. To make it easier, I basically just dump half the bag in.)
- 1 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt. One small container is fine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. You can hand mix the batter, but I will warn you, it’s very messy. It sticks to your hands. I’ve tried flour on my hands and it doesn’t help a lot. It may also seem like you don’t have enough yogurt. If you keep going, it will slowly absorb all of the batter. I actually killed a hand mixer trying to mix this batter, so this time I gave my KitchenAid a whirl using the dough mixer. It worked wonderfully!
- Spoon or hand roll small balls of dough onto a nonstick baking tray or parchment paper.
- Lightly flatten the balls. These will barely expand when baking.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. When they come out they appear like they’re not finished, but they are. They are just incredibly fudgy (which is yummy!)
- Transfer to cooling rack and enjoy once they cool!
Have you tried this recipe before? What flavor variations do you like?